Wisconsin Figure Skating Club – Membership
Membership Types – Benefits and Costs
Membership Benefits for: Home Club Membership, Home Club Subsequent Full, Home Club Adult, Home Club Senior, Introductory/First Year, Collegiate
- Enjoy access to and priority status for WFSC Club Ice on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons (September – March)
- Represent WFSC at individual competitions
- Enjoy a full US Figure Skating Membership including accident insurance and a subscription to Skating Magazine
- Priority access to WFSC test sessions
- Ability to participate in Red, White & Blades (or its successor) and ability to be chosen for step out, etc.
- Complimentary banquet attendance for skater (family extra; with the exception of Senior Home Club membership level)
- Pins, patches, awards for successful completing of testing, etc.
- Regional critiques
- Ability to apply for the Tanger Scholarship (High School seniors)
- Sectional/National Stipends
See below for the benefits available at the various membership levels
- Demonstrate support for the club and its members at all functions, especially competitions. This includes abiding by the USFS Parents Code of Conduct, which may be found while completing membership or via the US FIGURE SKATING Website. Parents failing to abide by this code of conduct may be subject to WFSC sanctions.
- Show courtesy to and respect for fellow club members and their guests at all WFSC ice, practice times, training sessions, and group activities.
- Full members of WFSC (excluding coaches and collegiate members) have a total of 10 hoursof volunteer service required (per family) during the 2018-2019 season, or pay a volunteer buy out fee of $200 (may be paid up-front as a donation when completing membership or will be charged upon completing membership for the next year). A donation of 2-4 food items for WFSC events is also requested. Approved club activities and events are at the discretion of the Board of Directors. For complete volunteer information and buyout options, see the Volunteer Policy.
Home Club: Membership for individual skaters under 18 years old (and a parent); for individual skaters under 18 who seek to participate in any and all disciplines of figure skating at all levels. This membership provides WFSC voting rights to one parent. This membership is also for Board members who have a skater under 18, and provides them appropriate US Figure Skating membership.
Adult Home Club: Membership for adults over 18 who seek to participate in any and all disciplines of figure skating at all levels (except Staff Professional). This membership provides WFSC voting rights.
Senior Home Club: Membership for those skaters aged 55 or over who wish to participate in any and all disciplines of figure skating at all levels. This membership provides WFSC voting rights, but does not provide complimentary banquet attendance.
Subsequent Home Club: Membership for an additional skater who is a part of a family that has already joined as a Home Club Member. No additional voting rights
Associate Membership: Membership with WFSC for those wishing or required to join WFSC while a member of another Club, and wishes to have access to Club Ice at Club rates, and ability to participate in Red, White & Blades (or its successor) beyond Sychro Only. Does not provide WFSC Voting Rights
Synchro Only Associate Membership: Those required to join WFSC to participate in Wisconsin Edge Synchronized Skating while a member of another Club (Cutting Edge, Kettle Moraine, Fond du Lac, Beaver Dam, etc.); only provides Testing, Synchro Only for RWB, Pettit discounts (track, public ice), WFSC Club activities, resale opportunities). This is for skaters only; does not cover Staff Professionals. Does not provide WFSC Voting Rights
Introductory/First Year Membership: This is a first-time membership for new skaters and is only available to those who have never joined a US Figure Skating Club before; May have held a LTS membership
Collegiate Membership: Available to college students who wish to continue skating; this is a one time, 4 year membership
Staff Professional: Membership for approved staff skating professionals of Wisconsin Figure Skating Club (as approved by the WFSC Board of Directors in advance). All required components of US Figure Skating and PSA must be met to continue as a Staff Professional with WFSC. You must maintain your PSA membership and other credentials separately and should keep your credentials up-to-date with the club officers. This membership does not provide WFSC voting rights.
US Figure Skating Official: Membership for those officials who wish to designate WFSC as their Home Club and continue to provide outstanding volunteering to the club and US Figure Skating; this would include US Figure Skating officers, judges, accountants, and others holding US Figure Skating credentials. This membership provides WFSC voting rights
Board Member: Membership for those WFSC Board Members who do not have a skater under 18 years of age, or anyone holding membership in WFSC. This membership provides WFSC voting rights (and Board voting rights as designated by the WFSC Bylaws)
Special Category Membership: Membership for those designated under special consideration to be a member of WFSC (out of club Officials, International Skaters, Coaches or Officials, Non-skating members, Honorary Memberships, etc.) as designated by the WFSC Board of Directors. This membership does not provide WFSC voting rights.
(Note: This chart does not reflect all available benefits, but is demonstrating the value of a Home Club or similar membership level)
|Membership Type||Home||Adult Home||Senior Home||Subseq. Home||Asso
|Synchro Only Associate||Introduc./ First Year||Colleg.||Staff Profess.|
|Term||1 year||1 year||1 year||1 year||1 year||1 year||1 year||4 years||1 year|
|US Figure Skating Membership||P||P||P||P||Through home club||Through home club||P||P||P|
|Skating Magazine||P||P||P||1 per family||Through home club||Through home club||P||P||P|
|Accident Insurance thru US Figure Skating||P||P||P||P||Through home club||Through home club||P||P||P|
|Priority Club Ice||P||P||P||P||P||P|
|Represent WFSC @ competition||P||P||P||P||P||P|
|Volunteer Requirement||10 hours||10 hours||5 hours||10 hours||5 hours||5 hours|
|RWB, beyond Synchro #||P||P||P||P||P||P||P|
|Pins, Patches, etc for testing||P||P||P||P||P||P|
|Special Club Event Participation||P||P||P||P||P||P||P||P||P|